Enquiry Form

Fill in the details and we will get in touch with you.



Tertiary study - (NZ$13,000-$18,000 per annum, contingent on your course. Up to $25,000 for postgraduate courses.)Bank Loans are easily available for higher studies anywhere in the world. Loans should be preferably taken from a Nationalised Bank. The term & condition for educational loans may vary from Bank to Bank. See below for:

Fees - What they cover, Payment Methods

Not only world-class in quality, the cost of education in New Zealand is very competitive compared to other countries. You will need to pay in advance, because proof of payment is needed to get a student visa or permit. There is usually an application or processing fee that is not refundable, even if your application is not successful.

Cancellation and Refunds

The Education Amendment Act 1991 protects tuition fees.

If you cancel before the course starts, for instance because your visa or visa extension is not granted, or you are transferring to another institution, most or all of your tuition fee will be refunded, except for the registration and processing fees.

If you cancel in the first week or so of the course, only part of your fee will be refunded. After that, you probably will not get any refund at all.

What the Fees cover:

  • Tertiary study - (NZ$18,000-$25,000 per annum, contingent on your course. Up to $40,000 for postgraduate courses.)
  • GST (tax)
  • Registration and enrolment
  • Student health and counselling
  • Language support
  • Use of most campus facilities

Other than fees- in Addition


Rental Costs

The majority of rental properties in New Zealand are unfurnished with items in them such as an oven, laundry facility, curtains and carpet. Few list of the approximate average rental price (for previous 6 months) for a standard unfurnished 3 bedroom house in NZ dollars per week

Auckland Central $490.00
Auckland North $370.00
Auckland South $285.00
Auckland West $320.00
Wellington Lower Hutt $350.00
Wellington Upper Hutt $245.00
Hamilton $250.00

Transport Services

Stagecoach, Northstar etc are the major bus service provoiders. New Zealanders enjoy an extensive suburban bus network as an economical way to travel around a town or city. Using suburban bus transport instead of driving your car eliminates car parking which is sky touching upto $15 per day, petrol and general car running costs. Bus fares normally start at NZ $0.5 and increase with each 'stage' you travel, obviously the further you travel the more it will cost, however you can purchase concession cards and cheaper bus fares is available for students and senior citizens. The one zone bus pass for a month costs $110.00. Many of the larger cities in New Zealand offer a free bus service that travels a set route periodically within the inner city area. Taxis are often more convenient than buses and for this reason hiring a taxi is more expensive but with benefits such as operating 24 hours a day along with pick up and drop off to any destination, whereas buses are limited to the routes they can take and timetables. You can try Discount cabs etc for best deals.

Eating Expenses

Below is an approximate costing of what you may pay for various items (prices as at June 2008). But you can go to Indian or Chinese store for good deals. However following are nearby prices
item price (nz$)
Apples 1kg 0.5
Beer Local (12 pack 330ml) 17.95
Big Mac Burger 4.45
Bread (Sliced White 700g) 1.75
Bus Fare (Adult) 3.10
Butter (500g) 2.20
Carrots 1kg 1.99
CD (New Release) 35.00
Cheese (500g) 5.79
Chicken Drumsticks (1kg) 8.99
Chocolate Block (150g) 3.45
Coca Cola (1.5L) 2.00
Coffee (Instant 100g) 3.99
Ground Beef (Prime 1kg) 9.99
Ice Cream (3 L) 3.70
Milk (1 L) 1.80
Movie Theatre Pass (Adult) 14.00
Newspaper 1.80
Pasta (Spaghetti Dry) 1.85
Petrol (1 L Unleaded) 1.55
Sugar (1.5 kg) 2.19
Taxi Fare (per km) 1.90
Toilet Paper (4 pack) 3.30
Toothbrush 2.99
Water 3.00

The New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) is the government authority responsible for issuing visas and permits to enter New Zealand.

Studying in New Zealand as a Visitor

If you are in New Zealand as a visitor, you may take a single course of study that lasts less than three months without needing a student permit. If you want to take more than one course, and/or study for longer than three months, you can apply for a student permit while you are in New Zealand
Going to New Zealand to Study

If you are outside New Zealand and planning to study full time for more than three months, you will need a student visa and a student permit, unless you are from a country that has a special agreement with New Zealand.

Application Requirements

Application forms can be obtained from Cympax Consulting office or can be downloaded from www.immigration.govt.nz/forms To get a student visa and permit, you have to be enrolled in an approved course at an institution that has been accredited to offer that course. We will help you in that with the wide variety of courses available in various institutions.

Your Application will require :
A recent passport-size photograph.
Payment of a non-refundable application fee.
(Cympax Consulting can assist you with your application)

You need:
Evidence of payment of the fee or exemption from the fee. (Not necessary if your application is being approved in principle.)

A written guarantee from a New Zealand education institution or person that suitable accommodation is available to you in New Zealand. CC will get this for you

Evidence of sufficient funds to live on while you are studying. We will find the financial institution and plan the funds

A return air ticket to your country, or evidence of sufficient funds to buy one.

For courses longer than 24 months, you will also have to provide medical and x-ray certificates that are less than three months old (for students intending to be in New Zealand over 9 months,
See the paragraph below regarding Screening for Tuberculosis).

If you are over 17, a police clearance certificate.

If your application is approved, your passport must be valid for three months after your planned date of departure from New Zealand.
Read more at: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/study

Other Requirements

Screening for Tuberculosis - a new requirement (from 1 April 2004)

People applying for student visas or permits who intend spending more than 6 months in New Zealand now must be screened for tuberculosis (TB) if they:

  • Have NOT previously provided a full medical screening test to the New Zealand Immigration Service and;
    Do NOT hold a passport from any of the identified low TB risk countries* (see below);

  • Have spent (lived and/or visited) a combined total of three months or more (in the five years prior to applying) in a country/countries NOT identified as a low TB risk country* (see below);

For example: If you hold a UK passport and, at any time in the five years prior to applying, you spent five weeks in Thailand and seven weeks in Fiji, you will need to have a TB screening examination.
Note: This does not apply to pregnant women and children under the age of 12.


If you need more information, you can free phone 0508 55 88 55 or visit the immigration website: www.immigration.govt.nz
Identified low TB risk countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, (New Zealand), Norway, Puerto Rico, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City.