Enquiry Form

Fill in the details and we will get in touch with you.


Important Visa Requirements & Procedures for Application

The New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) is the government authority responsible for issuing visas and permits to enter New Zealand.


Studying in New Zealand as a Visitor

If you are in New Zealand as a visitor, you may take a single course of study that lasts less than three months without needing a student permit. If you want to take more than one course, and/or study for longer than three months, you can apply for a student permit while you are in New Zealand

Going to New Zealand to Study

If you are outside New Zealand and planning to study full time for more than three months, you will need a student visa and a student permit, unless you are from a country that has a special agreement with New Zealand.

Application Requirements

Application forms can be obtained from Cympax Consulting office or can be downloaded from www.immigration.govt.nz/forms To get a student visa and permit, you have to be enrolled in an approved course at an institution that has been accredited to offer that course. We will help you in that with the wide variety of courses available in various institutions.

Your Application will require :
  • A recent passport-size photograph.
  • Payment of a non-refundable application fee.
    (Cympax Consulting can assist you with your application)
You need:
  • Evidence of payment of the fee or exemption from the fee. (Not necessary if your application is being approved in principle.)
  • A written guarantee from a New Zealand education institution or person that suitable accommodation is available to you in New Zealand. CC will get this for you
  • Evidence of sufficient funds to live on while you are studying. We will find the financial institution and plan the funds
  • A return air ticket to your country, or evidence of sufficient funds to buy one.

For courses longer than 24 months, you will also have to provide medical and x-ray certificates that are less than three months old (for students intending to be in New Zealand over 9 months,

see the paragraph below regarding Screening for Tuberculosis).
If you are over 17, a police clearance certificate.
If your application is approved, your passport must be valid for three months after your planned date of departure from New Zealand.

Read more at: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/study

Other Requirments

Screening for Tuberculosis - a new requirement (from 1 April 2004)
People applying for student visas or permits who intend spending more than 6 months in New Zealand now must be screened for tuberculosis (TB) if they:

  • Have NOT previously provided a full medical screening test to the New Zealand Immigration Service and;
  • Do NOT hold a passport from any of the identified low TB risk countries* (see below); or
  • Have spent (lived and/or visited) a combined total of three months or more (in the five years prior to applying) in a country/countries NOT identified as a low TB risk country* (see below);

For example: If you hold a UK passport and, at any time in the five years prior to applying, you spent five weeks in Thailand and seven weeks in Fiji, you will need to have a TB screening examination.

Note: This does not apply to pregnant women and children under the age of 12.
If you need more information, you can free phone 0508 55 88 55 or visit the immigration website: www.immigration.govt.nz

Identified low TB risk countries : Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, (New Zealand), Norway, Puerto Rico, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City.